Jessica Miller-Merrell, SPHR (@blogging4jobs) is an Internet television host, author, speaker, and human resources professional with a passion for recruiting, training, and all things social media. Jessica is a leader in the HR community and has over 10 years of experience in human resources and recruiting. She hosts the first and only Internet web show for job seekers on Mingle Media TV called Job Search Secrets. Her book, Tweet This! Twitter for Business was released in February 2010.
Jessica is a sought after speaker about human resource’s role in social media and has spoken at SHRM’s Leadership Conference, HR Southwest Conference, and HR Florida Conference. She will be leading a 4 hour “Social Media Boot Camp” at the 2011 SHRM National Conference in Las Vegas, NV.
Her company, Xceptional HR provides businesses with social media, recruitment strategies, and human resources consulting. Jessica received her Senior Professional in Human Resource designation in 2008. Jessica also holds a Bachelors degree in Anthropology and Business from Kansas State University. Jessica has been quoted in publications as an expert including Glamour Magazine, Entrepreneur Magazine, and SHRM’s HR Magazine. To learn more about Jessica or her company, visit or www.blogging4jobs.com or the book’s website at www.tweetingmybusiness.com. You can download, Jessica’s professional bio.
Jessica’s key note and speaking fees vary. Please contact Jessica by calling 405.293.2564.
(Although Jessica can speak on most any topic related to social media, recruitment, and HR below are some of her most popular presentations)
- Social Media for the CEO. Jessica makes the case for why senior level business executives known as the C-Suite need to understand and engage their consumers, candidates, employees, and investors in this new online world and how it can help develop their teams, increase employee engagement, and position their team as a strategic, income generating department and partner within their organization. (Approved for up to 2 Strategic Credits.)
- HR is the New PR. Jessica discusses the role that Human Resource and Recruiting teams now play with internal and external branding and promotion through new media, company branding, employee surveys and recruitment. Human Resource Generalists now must become well-versed in Marketing, Public Relations, and Branding in addition to Benefits, Employee Relations, Recruitment, Business, and Operations. With the rise of social media strategies and access to real-time information, Public Relations isn’t just for PR anymore. (HRCI Strategic credit pending.)
- Blogging for Business. Blogging is the simple most important tool for businesses. Jessica will explain how a simple blog can transform your organization using the largest cultural shift since the Industrial Revolution. Learn how blogging can go beyond a simple press release and the techniques used as digital storyteller.
- Social Media Bootcamp. This 4 hour workshop discusses basic social media for the business professional. You will learn about Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Blogging, and be introduced to social tools like Google Reader. Learn about the business case for social media. Success stories from other businesses increasing company collaboration and driving employee engagement, and recruitment strategies. Learn about legal pitfalls and the importance of understanding these tools to help protect your employees and your business. (This session is being presented at the 2011 SHRM National Conference and 2011 IL SHRM State HR Conference.) (Approved for 3.5 Strategic HRCI Credits)
- Do I Need a Social Media Policy? (***New) Jessica provides background and basics surrounding the why’s, do’s, and don’ts about an effective social media policy. She discusses how companies can protect themselves while using new media to build relationships, increase employee engagement, and build a company presence on some of the most popular social media networks including Twitter, FaceBook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- How Social Media is Changing HR. Social media isn’t just changing HR, it’s changing the way business does business. Jessica will guide you through risk, potential pitfalls, and best practices surrounding social media and how HR can leverage these online tools in this ever-evolving business and technology world we now live in. (Approved for 1 Strategic HRCI Credit.)
- It’s More Than Leadership. Normally a three workshop series (12 hours) covering the topics of General Leadership, Emotional Intelligence, and Budget Friendly Leadership. Focus on leadership through the generations, how to foster unconventional leadership roles in your organization, and common leadership and management misconceptions. (Approved for 11.25 HRCI recertification credits.)
Contact Jessica Miller-Merrell for more information at email@example.com or call her at 405.293.2564